Thursday, June 11, 2009

Image Generators are great for team building (Thing 5)

Well at least that's the story I'm sticking to. I happened to be around a few co-workers when I read about this thing and decided to give it a try. Getting started was probably the hardest part since these should be either funny or mushy. Since I'm not a fan of mushy, I went with funny. The first image I worked with was this one.
ImageChef.com

After this one was done, I got on a roll and did a few more. I was giggling to myself when one of my co-workers asked what I was doing. I showed her the various images I messed with and she decided to see if she could make them. I ended up showing her the various things that could be done on the website and she generated her own funnies. The best part is that I was able to pass along what I'd learned shortly after I finished learning it. I know it sounds rather hokey but I really enjoy passing along any kind of knowledge to others. I suppose that's why I like working in a library. Anyway, I showed a couple more co-workers this site (and also bighugelabs.com) and they all started to work with the site. It was an afternoon spent laughing with my co-workers that I will label team building because A) we made each other laugh and B) we all learned something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment