Monday, June 15, 2009

Enabling the Facebook Addiction (Thing 9)

You call it more Facebook, I call it enabling an addiction, so all I can say is THANK YOU!!! *stops twitching*

Finding groups on Facebook was not something that I intended to do although, shortly after joining, a friend invited me to be part of his group. The group is called When In Rome and they trade recipes, take pictures of food and recommend favorite restaurants. It's really fun because now I know some good restaurants to go to when I travel to a couple of cities. I also joined the group Coronado High School Alumni and also a couple of silly groups like one called A Glass of Wine Solves Everything. The groups are pretty fun to follow and allow for random silliness with people from all over the country.

I really enjoy the Facebook interface so much more than other sites. Communication is easier plus there is the voyeurism factor. Much like tabloids, we get to see little pieces of people's lives and keep up with what they are doing. Even though they are friends, some may be in another state or just not someone you see all the time. Overall, an excellent way to keep in touch with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment