Thursday, May 7, 2009

Story time with Ms. Bombshell

Although this blog is mainly for the NorthTexas 23 things exercise, I thought I'd take a small break in normal programming to tell a story I heard that made me laugh until I got a headache. This comes courtesy of an elementary school teacher.



The class was discussing the swine flu pandemic that was the news headline all last week. A fourth-grade student contributed this gem of knowledge to the discussion, "The pig flu was predicted in the bible and we're all gonna die because that's what the bible says. Oh and my friend told me that if you read the last page of the bible, you go crazy!"



This little nugget of knowledge stuck with one of the kids, in particular a severely dyslexic fourth grader, who decides to go home and read the last page of the bible.



He comes back the next day and tells the student "Nah uh, you don't go crazy! I read it and I'm fine!"

Wow, really???


So to recap:

1. The pig flu is predicted in the bible

2. If you read the last page of the bible, you go crazy.

3. The last page of the bible is something that even a dyslexic fourth grader can read.



Sometimes I really, really like the way kids think.

No comments:

Post a Comment